29 Jun Nutty Choc-Chip Cookies
I have to admit, I had a dilemma about whether to share this recipe- my cookies came out of the oven looking rather… ugly. They were so delicious however that even my husband James loved them, and asked me to bake more. James does not usually enjoy my healthy baking experiments, so I take it as a win!
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup walnut meal (I used extra almond meal)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine almond meal, baking powder, chia seeds, cinnamon, sea salt and walnut meal (or extra almond meal) in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined and a dough forms.
- Place a heaped tablespoon amount of cookie mixture onto the lined baking tray. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.