08 Oct 2 Minute Lunch Noodles in a Jar
I came across this recipe while I was reading Sarah Wilson’s fantastic new book, Simplicious. I had seen it in an old Vegiehead YouTube video too, and always meant to give it a go. I decided it was time, and I was not disappointed!
This healthy lunch takes 5 minutes to prepare in the morning or the night before.
- 1-2 teaspoons of red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon red miso paste – an important ingredient, but I didn’t have any! It was fine without it 🙂
- dash of fish sauce
- small handful or rice noodles
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk or cream (freeze the leftovers in ice cube trays, transfer to a zip lock bag and keep for next time)
- small handful of frozen peas (or thinly sliced snow peas)
- finely grated carrot, or other veggies you may have in the fridge. I added leftover beetroot coleslaw mix.
- a small handful of cooked shredded chicken or cooked prawns (I didn’t have these either)
- 3-4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- coriander leaves and lime wedges, to serve
Place all of the ingredients (except the coriander and lime) in a glass jar. Keep it in the fridge when you arrive at work. At lunch time, fill the jar with boiling water, cover and leave for 2 minutes, stirring once or twice. Top with the coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.
Ideally you would make this in a jar with a wider mouth (like the one Vegiehead uses in the video above) so that you can eat it straight from the jar. Otherwise you can to pour it into a bowl to eat like I did.
I hope you enjoy!